Online Confidentiality (42 CFR) Training
Confidentiality Training for Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities
Understandably, people seeking treatment for substance abuse prefer to keep such treatment confidential. To this end, in the 1970s, Congress passed legislation known as “42 CFR” (in reference to Title 42 Part 2 of the Code of Federal Regulations). This law in conjunction with regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services guarantee confidentiality for those seeking treatment for substance abuse. Every organization that receives federal funds for diagnosing, assessing, treating or referring someone for chemical–dependency treatment must adhere to the rulings, thereby making training in 42 CFR mandatory for their employees.
The Cintas, 25–minute Online Confidentiality (42 CFR) Training Course delivers the confidentiality rulings of 42 CFR in easy–to–understand terms. Employees learn how to handle client records and information in terms of maintenance, control and disclosure of information; the role of client consent; exceptions to regulations, how to address violations and more. Topics include:
- 42 CFR confidentiality regulations — a comprehensive overview
- What are basic protections?
- How to handle consent
- What are the typical problems with “consent”?
- Know the exceptions to confidentiality requirements
- Understanding the relationship between 42 CFR and HIPAA
- 42 CFR — recognizing and addressing violations