Drug-Free Workplace Training Course
Drug and alcohol abuse occurs in the workplace as easily as anywhere else and, in fact, is the leading cause of increased accident and illness rates. Nearly 40% of industrial fatalities and 50% of work-related injuries are linked to drug and alcohol impairment. Also, per the U.S. Department of Labor, more than 70% of illegal drug-users are employed. That means an estimated 9.4 million workers are illegal-drug users.
Health and safety issues aren’t the only negative impact of drug and alcohol abuse on the workplace. It also contributes to an increase in employee turnover, a reduction in employee productivity, and a surge in medical and hospitalization costs as well as workers' compensation claims.
The Cintas, 20-minute Online Drug-Free Workplace Training Course defines the principles behind and critical importance of a drug-free workplace in no-nonsense terms. Course content includes quizzes, news stories and real-world compliance issues that employees should learn to recognize and handle appropriately. Topics include:
- Drug-free workplace compliance — a comprehensive look
- Making the commitment to a drug-free workplace
- What to know about substance-abuse testing
- What to know about substance-abuse awareness
- The role of employees
- What is an “Employee Assistance Program”?
- How to handle drug-free workplace policy violations