ONLINE ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE TRAINING COURSE
Ethical behavior matters in the workplace. Working with integrity, a conscience and fairness help to keep companies out of the headlines and out of court, and they are good for business. One study found that companies making "an explicit commitment to doing business ethically" have produced profit/turnover ratios at 18% higher than those without a similar commitment. On the other hand, a tainted reputation can ruin a business.
While an organization is only as ethical as its people, it cannot be assumed that employees inherently understand what constitutes ethical behavior. It is the responsibility of organizations to constantly reinforce ethical principles and educate their management and staff about appropriate behavior, including corporate expectations, regulatory principles that may not be common knowledge, and compliance with the law.
The Cintas, 35-minute Online Ethics and Compliance Training Course serves as a "Code of Conduct Training" course for organizations that do not have a formalized Code of Conduct. It covers the important legal/ethical/compliance principles, but without reference to a Code. Topics include:
- Discussion on honesty and fairness
- Today’s workplace — diversity and respect
- What determines conflicts of interest?
- The critical importance of information security
- Ethical handling of business records
- Ethical handling of electronic communications
- Health, safety and the environment
- Proper handling of alcohol and drug abuse
- How to deal with workplace violence
- How to handle political activity
- An understanding of anti-competitive conduct
- What to know about bribery and kickbacks
- Overview — ethics and working with integrity
- Proper reporting of ethics violations