ONLINE FERC STANDARDS TRAINING COURSE
In an effort to prevent transmission providers from providing their affiliates an unfair advantage in the marketplace — whether through access to information unavailable to non-affiliates or via other preferential treatment — the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has specific rules and restrictions to which transmission providers and their employees are required to adhere. These requirements are known as the FERC Standards of Conduct.
The Cintas, 25-minute Online FERC Training Course provides the FERC Standards of Conduct in easy-to-understand terminology. Featured in the course are quizzes, news briefs and real-world compliance issues that employees should learn to recognize and respond to appropriately. Topics include:
- What are requirements for non-discrimination?
- What to know about transmission-function information
- Discussion of the Independent Functioning Rule
- Discussion of the No Conduit Rule
- Discussion of the Transparency Rule