ONLINE FAR CODE OF BUSINESS ETHICS AND CONDUCT TRAINING COURSE
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) includes a set of rules established in 2007 by the U.S. Department of Defense, the General Services Administration and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, which state that federal contractors and subcontractors adopt and promote a Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, and implement internal controls to encourage the reporting of misconduct through awareness training, among other things.
FAR rules are intended as a guideline, but they are mandatory when a federal contract is anticipated to exceed $5,000,000, and the performance period is 120 days or longer. As such, knowledge of and compliance with FAR can be critical to organizations.
The Cintas, 40-minute Online FAR Code of Conduct Training Course provides basic FAR Code of Business Ethics and Conduct training on the most essential government-contracting topics. Topics include:
- Overview of FAR
- Discussion on honesty and fairness
- How to communicate with government customers
- Essentials of pricing mandates
- An understanding of government supply contracts
- A look at other government contracts
- How to determine conflicts of interest
- Know the rules for procurements
- Proper hiring of government employees
- Importance of records management
- Your role in cooperating with government audits
- What to know about improper payments
- Restrictions regarding lobbying
- A look at violations
- What constitutes retaliation?