ONLINE HANDLING HAZARDOUS MATERIALS COURSE
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) is the law governing the identification, storage, treatment and disposal of hazardous wastes. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency oversees the law and the handling of hazardous wastes and in recent years has stepped up enforcement of hazardous-waste laws.
Thus, it is critical that businesses train their employees on the requirements of RCRA and the proper handling and disposal of hazardous wastes. Proper training not only protects employees but also lessens the chance for businesses to run into compliance issues and face enforcement authorities at both the federal and state levels.
The Cintas Online Handling Hazardous Materials Training Course defines the major requirements of the RCRA and explains how to identify hazardous wastes and handle them properly. Topics include:
- Hazardous wastes — identifying the various types
- Understanding company generator status
- Guidelines for safe and proper storage
- Guidelines for safe and proper disposal
- Proper way to report spills and other accidents
- Laws regulating hazardous wastes — important overview
- How to avoid EPA enforcement actions