Your first line of defense.
Fire Extinguisher Inspection & Testing
Committed to helping you protect your people and property.
Helping you protect your people and property. That's what we're passionate about at Cintas — and that’s exactly what we do every day.
Giving you protection starts with making sure your fire extinguishers are ready to go. And that’s where our industry-leading service comes in. We will not only help you ensure that every extinguisher in your facility is functioning properly, but also help you stay compliant with current fire codes.
Regular extinguisher servicing from Cintas:
- Helps you stay compliant. Periodic service is required by the NFPA and your local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Helping you keep your equipment ready. Most extinguishers require periodic testing and service to continue functioning properly.
- Can help meet insurance requirements. Many insurance companies require documentation that periodic checks and maintenance have been performed on extinguishers.
- Promotes safety. Having your extinguishers properly serviced and functioning can help you save property and lives during a fire.
Count on Cintas for your:
- Monthly inspections*. The NFPA requires a visual inspection of your extinguishers every month. During this check, your Cintas technician will perform a visual inspection of the extinguisher and gauge.
- Yearly inspections*. A thorough inspection of your extinguishers is required every year, according to the NFPA and your local AHJ. And depending on your jurisdiction, this annual maintenance may only be performed by a licensed professional.
- Internal maintenance and hydrostatic testing*. Stored pressure ABC extinguishers are very common, and they require internal maintenance every 6 years and hydrostatic testing every 12 years. Other types of extinguishers may vary in their internal examination and testing intervals.*
* Service may vary depending on service locations.