Cintas Named to Milwaukee's Pollution Prevention Honor Roll
CINCINNATI, OH, July 24, 2006 –Cintas Corporation's (Nasdaq: CTAS) Milwaukee, WI facility was recently named to the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewage District’s “Significant User Honor Roll” for wastewater compliance in 2005. The Honor Roll recognizes industrial facilities for their efforts to protect the environment while contributing to the economic vitality of the region.
Since 2004, Cintas has made substantial investments in upgrading its wastewater treatment systems at its Milwaukee industrial laundry. As a result, the company was able to reduce water consumption by approximately 1,800 gallons per day. In addition, the company’s discharged water is approximately 500% cleaner than the city’s current allowable limit.
According to Peter Topezewski, Water Quality Production Manager for Milwaukee’s Metropolitan Sweage District, “Cintas’ diligent compliance with environmental standards helps preserve Lake Michigan and its tributaries for future generations to come.”
“Milwaukee’s Honor Roll recognition reflects our commitment to the environment and the level of excellence we strive to attain at all of our facilities across North America ,” said Scott Farmer, Cintas President and CEO.
Companies recognized on the Honor Roll were found in 100% wastewater compliance for 2005.
In addition to Milwaukeeï¿½s Pollution Prevention Honor Roll, numerous agencies have recognized Cintas for environmental stewardship, including:
- 2006 - Hampton Roads, VA: Hampton Roads Sanitation District presents Cintas' Portsmouth, VA facility with Silver Pretreatment Excellence Award for wastewater compliance.
- 2006 – Springfield, MO: Missouri Water Environment Association's “Gold Award” for wastewater pretreatment achievement
- 2005 - Romeoville, IL: Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich’s Pollution Prevention Award for significant achievements in protecting the environment and boosting the economy.
- 2005 - Richmond, VA: Chesterfield County Department of Utilities' "Exemplary Pollution Prevention Award" for proactively initiating programs that produce quality wastewater.
- 2005 - Dallas, TX: Dallas Water Utilities’ "Blue Thumb Award" for wastewater pretreatment compliance.
- 2004 - Ontario, CA: Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County’s “Good Corporate Citizen Award” for wastewater achievement.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Cintas Corporation provides highly specialized services to businesses of all types throughout North America. Cintas designs, manufactures and implements corporate identity uniform programs, and provides entrance mats, restroom supplies, promotional products, first aid and safety products, fire protection services and document management services to approximately 700,000 businesses. Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq National Market under the symbol CTAS, and is a Nasdaq-100 company and component of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. The Company has achieved 37 consecutive years of growth in sales and earnings, to date.