Cintas Introduces New Program to Keep Retail Facilities Clean and Safe at PRSM 2011
Comprehensive and cost-effective program helps any-sized retailer resolve maintenance issues, improve image and boost sales
NASHVILLE – April 04, 2011 —Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS) today launched a nationwide comprehensive solutions program to help retailers keep their businesses clean and safe. Cintas' new retail solutions program includes cleaning and general maintenance services, document management services and first aid and safety training and tools. Details of the program will be available at booth 919 during the Professional Retail Store Maintenance (PRSM) association show, April 3-5, at the Nashville Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn.
Developed to meet the needs of any sized business, Cintas' retail solutions program enables national retail businesses to ensure consistent execution of corporate brand standards throughout each of its locations with the convenience of localized service. Regional and independent retailers benefit from a single-source point of contact for all cleanliness and safety needs.
“To stay competitive, retailers must provide a safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing environment,” said David Collette, Director of New Business Development, Cintas. “Our retail program provides the services and tools necessary to make store maintenance easy while also improving the overall safety of the business. This allows retailers to focus on the core responsibilities of their business while enhancing the customer experience.”
Cintas' clean retail solutions include:
- Floorcare Solutions. Cintas offers comprehensive floorcare solutions to help retailers maintain safe and attractive floors. From mat services and tile and carpet deep cleaning to 24-7 emergency cleanup provided by Cleanway, Cintas has a service for every floorcare need. This helps retailers extend the life of their floors while also reducing costs associated with specialized in-house cleaning services.
- Clean Restroom Program. Cintas' clean restroom service ensures retailers maintain the highest level of restroom cleanliness. The program guarantees restrooms are always stocked with high quality hand care, odor control and paper products. Ongoing deep cleaning services washes away old dirt and grime resulting in a restroom that looks and smells clean
- Cleaning Tools and Chemicals. For ongoing retail cleanliness and maintenance needs, Cintas' janitorial supplies pair the right cleaning tools such as mops and wipes with cleaning chemicals to provide maximum performance for daily floorcare and restroom maintenance. It also provides chemical dispensing systems to reduce user error and ensure the right amount of cleaning agent is used every time.
- Scheduled Maintenance and Emergency Services. Cleanway delivers cost-effective, long-term scheduled maintenance solutions including carpet and hard surface floor care, upholstery cleaning, construction cleanup, power washing, high dusting and window and awning cleaning. Emergency cleanup is also available 24/7 for disaster response services including flood, sewage, biohazard and fire.
Cintas' safe retail solutions include:
- Fire Safety Solutions. From emergency exit lighting to sprinkler system services, Cintas' fire safety services help limit risk and keep businesses and occupants safe during a fire. Fire safety services include fire extinguisher service and training, fire and smoke alarms, emergency lights and exit sign maintenance and kitchen suppression systems.
- Document Management Services. From sensitive personnel information to valuable customer prescription data in pharmacy areas, Cintas offers document management services such as document shredding, imaging and storage to protect confidential information.
- AED, First Aid & Safety Programs. To keep retailers prepared for any health-related incident, Cintas' offers a variety of solutions to keep customers and employees safe. From first-aid cabinets designed and stocked to meet the specific needs of retailers to automatic-external defibrillators (AEDs), Cintas provides the products and training needed to respond to any unexpected health-related incident.
- Door and Glass Repair Services. Metro Service Solutions, exclusively available through Cintas, provides retailers with immediate solutions to common retail entryway systems such as rolling doors, gates, hollow metal, glass, impact and automatic doors. In addition, Metro Service Solutions provides electrical and glass repair services.
Cintas identifies the following trends in its fashion forecast:
- Delicious Colors: Food-inspired colors are hot this spring. Look for lemon, lime, paprika, curry and dijon mustard accents to highlight neutral palettes. Pocket squares, vests or scarves are great places to add color.
- Belted Blazers: A simple belt worn over the blazer is the newest way for professional women to accessorize. Alternatively, try a simple hook and eye closure to keep this blazer on point this season. For shorter blazers, cropped jackets factor heavily this spring. Key details include sharp shoulders, hidden button closure, boxy silhouettes, collarless and contrast borders.
- Simple Necklines: Collarless button-ups present a relaxed, season appropriate alternative to the traditional dress shirt. Simple pull-overs in satin or charmuse add elegance to the basic shell. Tunic necklines with a simple band are another simple neckline that offers a relaxed look for hotel apparel programs.
- The Shirtdress: The classic shirt dress has been updated with dropped shoulders, extended plackets and hip seamed details. Fabrics range from oxfords to denim--and even leather.
- Cummerbund Belts: The cummerbund made a runway appearance with three-prong closures or with a knotted front wrap for a softer look. This belt is a great layering piece over blouses and dresses.
- Two- and Three-Buttoned Blazers: Both two- and three-button blazers were seen on the runway. The blazer has a convertible break for a two- or three-button closure.
- Pattern Play: The plaid shirt, a timeless mainstay of menswear, continues its strong presence on the runway and in retail. Plaid was introduced in new color pallets this season. Shadow checks had contrasting collars and cuffs with gingham as an accessory.
- Relaxed Separates: Suit jackets worn with mismatched pants deliver a casual approach to male silhouettes this season. Sweater dressing with collared shirts and ties introduce a relaxed confidence to a hotel front desk.
- Pocket Detail: Cargo, zippered, piped and in-seam pockets were seen on the runway, providing a great utilitarian look for classic shirts.
- Wrap This: Wrap tops return with a new wave of minimalism. Clean designs with optional self-ties or hidden closures are also in style.
“A clean atmosphere is a critical component of a retail organization,” said Dave Mesko, Senior Director of Marketing, Cintas. “Safety is another major concern. A minor cut or burn can result in lost productivity and a slip and fall can lead to unexpected expenses. Using our program, retailers will have the resources necessary to maintain a clean, inviting and safe atmosphere.”
For more information on Cintas' solutions for retailers, please visit: http://www.cintas.com/facilityservices.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Cintas Corporation provides highly specialized services to businesses of all types. Cintas designs, manufactures and implements corporate identity uniform programs, and provides entrance mats, restroom supplies, promotional products, first aid and safety products, fire protection services and document management services to approximately 800,000 businesses. Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq National Market under the symbol CTAS, and is a component of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index.