- Cintas has more than 400 facilities around the world and our high sustainability standards around energy efficiency, water usage and waste reduction make us both good corporate citizens and good neighbors.
- About 15 percent of electricity usage at Cintas facilities comes from lighting, so we are moving towards converting to energy-efficient lighting at most of our sites.
- ENERGY STAR
- Cintas has partnered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on the EPA’s ENERGY STAR program. This program provides a strategic approach to energy management by tracking an organization’s current energy-efficiency and improvement. The focus on energy usage benefits both consumers and the environment by lowering utility bills and increasing the use of energy-efficient products and practices.
- Cintas Industrial Laundry provides approximately 20% WATER SAVINGS, 12% ENERGY SAVINGS, and 75% SOAP SAVINGS compared to home laundry.
- We save up to 599,165,000 GALLONS OF WATER per year over home laundry. That’s enough to fill 907 OLYMPIC SIZED POOLS or 11,900,000 BATHTUBS every year.
- CINTAS UNIFORM PROGRAMS SAVE 28,000,000 CONTAINERS OF HOME DETERGENT. That savings would eliminate 611,000,000 loads of home laundry.
- Cintas facilities have heat reclaimers that reclaim about 95% of waste heat from boilers, allowing us to use virtually no additional energy to heat incoming water.
- State of the art moisture measurement methods have allowed us to reduce garment drying time by as much as 50 percent, saving significant amounts of fossil fuel and eliminating related greenhouse gas emissions.
- Waste Water Treatment
- Cintas laundry facilities treat wastewater before discharging it to eliminate pollutants and assist in recycling of water.
- Industry-Leading Sustainable Washing Standards
- Cintas was the first industrial launderer in our industry to employ washing standards that are 100% NPE-free, phosphate free and EDTA-free at all of its 175 uniform laundry facilities throughout North America.
Learn more about Cintas uniform rental services
We are a charter member of this voluntary program whose intent is to improve the environmental performance in the laundry industry.
Visit the Laundry Environmental Stewardship Program website