Commercial kitchen technologies and cooking techniques are constantly evolving, and kitchen fire protection regulations evolve with them. To ensure the proper amount of protection, it is important to partner with a fire protection provider to inspect your system regularly. According to National Fire Prevention Association 17A, pre-engineered kitchen fire suppression systems require semi-annual maintenance in accordance with the system manufacturer’s installation and maintenance manual.
A certified fire service technician should perform the following work to ensure that your system will perform as intended in the event of a fire:
- Make sure that all kitchen equipment is properly covered by the suppression system
- Disarm the system and verify that it will activate via the manual pull station and the heat detectors located in the hood
- Verify that the gas supply shuts off when the suppression system is activated
- Check the piping and nozzles for blockage
- Perform any required testing on tanks or chemical agents
- Replace every heat detector on the line
Cintas Fire Service technicians are kept up to date on all kitchen suppression system requirements. Additionally, should the fire marshal inspect your kitchen system after we perform service and find it to be noncompliant, we will credit your account for the original value of the inspection and correct the problem free of charge. It’s all part of our Value Inspection Program guarantee.
CINTAS CAN HELP KEEP YOUR BUSINESS READY™
- On-site assessment to discuss fire protection solutions for your business*
- Customized service dates that fit your busy schedule*
- Routine testing, inspection and maintenance of your fire protection equipment*
*Certain services may not be available in all markets