Cintas highlights cleaning strategies that contribute to sustainability for Earth Day
CINCINNATI – [April 12, 2016] – By now, it’s no surprise that consumers prefer to do business with companies that support the environment. Even making small, sustainable changes internally can create an impact on the planet and the bottom line. In honor of Earth Day on April 22, Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS), has released its tips for green cleaning in the workplace.
“There are many benefits to introducing green cleaning products and services, such as cost savings and improved customer satisfaction,” said John Engel, Senior Marketing Manager, Cintas. “These tips are easy to implement this Earth Day and maintain for years to come.”
Ways to support the environment through cleaning include:
- Ditching disposables in favor of reusable options: You can replace many disposable cleaning tools with effective reusable options. Consider setting up a rental program in which professionals will collect and launder mops, shop towels and microfiber wipes. This approach not only reduces waste, but cuts down on the costs associated with the extremely short lifespan of disposables.
- Installing dilution control systems: Too often, employees use too much chemical when cleaning, which drives up costs and can be harmful to surfaces, equipment, people and the environment. Dilution control systems dispense the proper amount of chemical for the required task, eliminating unnecessary waste and delivering better cleaning results.
- Switching to smarter paper towel dispensers: Older models of paper towel dispensers in kitchens and bathrooms can generate excess waste. The latest dispensers have auto settings with options for length that eliminate the ability to grab a handful of paper towels when only one is required.
- Using matting to reduce the need to clean: Who wouldn’t want the opportunity to sweep and mop less often while still achieving high levels of cleanliness? Walk-off matting placed at entrances helps to trap dirt and debris from being tracked inside a facility. Reducing the need to frequently clean particulates such as dirt, sand and salt saves on cleaning chemicals.
- Looking for products and services that support green building certifications: Today, many facility managers are aiming to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for their new and existing buildings. Some cleaning products and services can actually contribute to securing LEED credits. Check with your supplier to see what solutions they have that meet these requirements.
For more information on Cintas’ facility services, please visit www.cintas.com/facilityservices.
Cintas Corporation helps more than 900,000 businesses of all types and sizes get READY™ to open their doors with confidence every day by providing a wide range of products and services that enhance our customers’ image and help keep their facilities and employees clean, safe and looking their best. With products and services including uniforms, mats, mops, restroom supplies, first aid and safety products, fire extinguishers and testing, and safety and compliance training, Cintas helps customers get ready for the workday™.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol CTAS and is a component of the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.