ANSI Standard 107-2015
Establishes the criteria for three garment classes based on amounts of garment background material and retro-reflective material
- Type O (off-road), for non-roadway use, where workers are not exposed to highway traffic or temporary traffic control zones. Type O is Performance Class 1.
- Provides added visibility to workers who are not exposed to traffic.
Type/Class R2 or R3:
- Type R (roadway), for use where workers are exposed to traffic from public access highway rights-of-way or roadway temporary traffic control zones. Type R may be Performance Class 2 or 3.
- Enhanced visibility for workers who are exposed to traffic and working against complex backgrounds.
Type/Class P2 or P3:
- Type P (public safety) for emergency and incident responders and law enforcement personnel who are exposed to struck-by hazards in roadway or off-road work environments. These garments provide additional options addressing competing hazards or the need for access to special equipment. Type P may be Performance Class 2 or 3.