Forklift Safety Training
When the job calls for forklift operators, forklift safety training delivers the instruction your team needs to do it safely. Your employees will learn general safety, pre-operation inspections, load handling, turning radius, center of gravity, the stability triangle, refueling and recharging, and forklift maintenance.
How A Forklift Safety Training Program Works
Overview of the safe operation of forklifts in the workplace, including how to perform pre-use inspections
Training on safe load handling and the "stability triangle"
Procedures for refueling and charging/changing batteries
- Low instructor-student ratio to engage students
- On-site scheduling or open enrollment for classes at your local Cintas facility
- Flexible, convenient scheduling to cover multiple shifts
- Standardized classes nationwide for single or multiple facilities
- Over 250 fully interactive courses
- All topics meet OSHA requirements
- Ability to tailor course curriculum to your needs
- Quizzes that must be passed to ensure comprehension
- Comprehensive, easy-to-use recordkeeping system to track your employees’ programs
DVD COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
- Programs include instructor guides to help administer training internally
- State-of-the-art DVD training videos and PowerPoint presentations
- Simple, everyday language clarifies how to comply with OSHA standards
- Complete customizable written program to ensure compliance
- We develop core content that you can then save and customize:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Written Programs
- Training Records
Required OSHA Training
CFR 1910.178 (I)(1)(i)
The employer shall ensure that each powered industrial truck operator is competent to operate a powered industrial truck safely, as demonstrated by the successful completion of the training and evaluation specified in this paragraph.
CFR 1910.178 (I)(2)(ii)
Training shall consist of a combination of formal instruction (lecture, discussion, video, etc.) practical training (exercises performed by the trainee), and an evaluation of the operator’s performance in the workplace.
CFR 1910.178 (I)(4)(iii)
An evaluation of each powered industrial truck operator’s performance shall be conducted at least once every three years.